What makes log furniture pieces strong?
Most of the individuals who are interested in buying the log furniture for their homes and offices are seeking sturdy options and hence question about the type of wood used in crafting the furniture. What they do not know is that it is often not the type of the wood that adds longevity to these furniture pieces. There are various others factors that influence the strength of the log furniture pieces as well. Some of these include, but are not limited to;
- The manner of constructing the furniture
- The drying process of the logs used in the furniture
- The curing process of the logs used in the furniture
The professional companies and the craftsmen who are meticulous during these steps create furniture pieces that remain functional for decades. These furniture pieces remain strong against deterioration for many years while retaining their looks that can easily be passed from one generation to another as a family heirloom. Therefore when buying such furniture one must make sure of searching for an authentic log furniture place that can offer best in terms of quality and design.
When it comes to ensuring the functionality and looks of the log furniture for a longer time, there are certain maintenance and caring tips that should be kept in mind.
Caring for log furniture:
- In order to retain the looks of the log furniture it is important to give it a proper finishing. Some people like the unfinished looks, but they should keep in mind that wood is a porous element which can get damaged in the long run. However with proper finishing this can be avoided as it will prevent the oil and dirt from seeping into the pores of the wood. With a proper finishing permanent stains can be prevented that can mar the overall look of the furniture.
- It is very important to select the finishes that are of topnotch quality. These finishes get absorbed into the pores of the wood making the surface of the furniture stain free. Also these exclusive finishes spare the owners from the problems related with abrasion and peeling of paint etc.
- Those who have selected the log furniture for outdoors should ensure selecting the paints and finishes that can endure the extreme temperatures. These finishes should be able to bear humidity, extreme high and low temperatures.
- Also the outdoor log furniture should be placed in shades preferably to keep their looks and functionality optimal over a period of time.
- These furniture pieces should also be coated with protective finishes once in a while so that the healthy appearance of wood can be retained for a long time.
This is a post that may contain affiliate links